Saturday, June 25, 2011





been thinking a lot about what i want to do for my make up final project. i played around a bit in photoshop yesterday--going back to the "define a brush" technique and created this pattern. i started by building a layer of circles with an old photo of my grandmother and then did a second layer of images of my grandfather's sister that passed away at a very young age (the same sister i used photos of for my failed final project) then, for the top layer, i added this image of my grandmother and grandfather holding my aunt when she was a baby. i want to continue using these old family photos. my grandmother passed away last year and we've been very very very slowly dealing with all of the stuff left in her mexicali home so we can sell it.

i love the way this pattern turned out, but the colors just don't really fit the mood and this document is 36x40 so those polka dots are going to be huge! i'd like to think more about color and the end use of the print.

No comments:

Post a Comment